Filipino Recipe Embutido
The embutido is a traditional Filipino style of meatloaf. This Filipino food recipe is wrapped in an aluminum foil and steamed. The Filipino recipe of embutido needed lots of preparation and ingredients. But, the good thing is, once it was prepared, you can put it up on your freezer for future consumption. (Did I explained it well?). Anyway, without further delay, here is the Filipino recipe embutido.
Filipino Recipe Embutido Basic Ingredients:
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup (6 slices) finely chopped (sweet or cooked) ham
- 3 tbsp. minced green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- dash of liquid seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- slices (wedges) of hard-cooked eggs
- slices (wedges) of Vienna sausage
- aluminum foil, 10? x 12? sizes to serve as wrapper
Filipino Recipe Embutido Cooking Procedure:
- Prepare a steamer and set aside. Alternatively, prepare a baking pan and a wire rack and preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Divide the mixture into 2 to 4 portions (depending on how many you want to make).
- Spread and flatten the mixture onto the center of each foil, divide the slices of hard cook eggs and sausages.
- Place each slices at the center of each mixture. Hold the foil onto your hand and roll until the ends of the mixture covers the eggs and sausages. Alternatively, by holding each ends of the foil, roll the mixture back and forth until it covers the slices of eggs and sausages in the center.
- Finally, roll the aluminum foil into a tightly packed log about 1? to 2? in diameter, sealing on both ends. Repeat with the remaining pork mixture.
- Place the embutido in a steamer and steam for an hour. Alternatively, place embutido in a wire rack on a baking pan, half filled with hot water.
- Cover with aluminum foil (Be sure the steam will not escape). Steam-bake in the center of the oven for an hour.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool and slice into rings. Serve with your favorite catsup or sauces
I’m also a Realtor and Real Estate Investor.I specialize in residential real estate in central Florida. my area of expertise includes short sale, investing in Pre-foreclosed homes. I describe myself as a realtor for average people, as a hardworking person with practical knowledge and real world experience, I will be able to employ the necessary creativity and technical savvy to help average home buyers and sellers achieve their dreams of owning or selling their homes .
Filed under: Filipino Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!